Thursday, June 25, 2015

I am Going to A Wedding

Son #1 is getting married this weekend. I am not going to have time to sew or blog. I wanted to take this time to show a quilt that I made for a a sweet couple's wedding in my early quilting and pre-blogging days. 


The Bride's maiden name has "Bird" in it and so I chose Oh Dear because it was the only current fabric I could find that featured birds that was readily available.


I bought my first Layer Cake and some yardage and made up the pattern.


I printed up these too cute labels. The quilting is a serpentine stitch with my walking foot on my tired old Viking 1100 in a multi-colored variegated thread.


I can't believe I didn't take better pictures. This is my third large quilt Finish!

Thanks for visiting!



6 comments:

  1. Gayle, I'll be thinking of your this weekend as you attend that very special wedding. Take time to savor and enjoy it. When my daughter got married last year, my husband and I spent much of the day running errands and reception preparation and ended up much like George in Father of the Bride. ;) I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day. Love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the wedding! The quilt is beautiful, the Oh Deer line has always been one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COngrats on your son's wedding!! ENJOY!!!I"m sure the quilt made for a beautiful, sentimental gift.

    ReplyDelete