Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

It is always such a blessing to see all the babies get dedicated on Mother's Day at church. Our church is not that large but we had nine in the 9:30am service and fifteen in the 11:15am service and we have two more services to go. Wow!

On the way in they handed out stickers. I am "Mom-tastic" today and my husband is wearing "I (Heart) My Mom." We had our picture taken in front of an adorable backdrop.

I have a finish to share but it will have to wait until we break out the Nikon. This one was a year in the making. Not because it was difficult, just because it was the project that kept getting put aside for projects with deadlines. I will be sharing it in a couple of days. You can see a progress picture here.

For now I will share my crafty Target finds.

I went in for cards and a small pair of craft scissors and couldn't resist checking out the Clearance end-tops. I love those things don't you?  Now, it had been about a month since my last visit and my search for scissors took me back to the back wall. Look what I found on clearance!


So cute and my favorite color to boot. These cases may be old news but I love the simplicity. It was less than $8.00. Not as cheap as my last iPhone case find. This Double Wedding Ring design was only $1.00! It is a near perfect case too. 


Slick back for easy pocket stowage and retrieval and slightly grippy sides to reduce unexpected flights. Its hard to tell in this picture but there are tiny orange dots at the intersections and the grippy sides are orange too.


I also found these beauties in Bed & Bath for $1.48 each. Just what I needed for craft storage. The canister is now set up with supplies for my Heather Bailey embroidery projects.

A neighbor had a yard sale on Saturday and I picked up a Linda Seward book for twenty-five cents. There are two patterns of interest in this book for future projects.


Well, my younger son just got home from Formula Drift at Road Atlanta. Time to celebrate the day with the two guys I have at home. Older son is still in Alabama. I'll be there later this week to see him graduate! Let's just call this Mother's Week for me this year.

UPDATE:
This post has been linked up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.
My WIP is the Heather Bailey Birds & Branches cover project. I am down to the last three colors. My plan is to make several of the designs into wall hangings.

4 comments:

  1. I love your header and the Bed and Bath find is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when quilt designs pop up in unexpected places like Target. I never thinking to check Target for craft supplies, so I'll have to check them out. Very cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That phone case is fantastic! Target is a very dangerous place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Target finds, Target is awesome! Your blog looks fantastic :)

      Delete